Monday, May 12, 2008

The Ring


Dave and I had been talking about getting married and trying to figure out the right time when he told me about the ring. The ring was his Grandmothers ring and promised to him by his mother a long time ago. I was so excited when he told me about it because I love the antique style and being that it was his grandmothers made it perfect. He wanted me to see it first though because he wanted me to have a ring that I loved and if this was not it we would go ring shopping.
So Dave told me that we needed to go to the city to pick it up since it was the only way his parent's could send it with out worrying about it getting lost. Little did I know that Dave actually got the ring from his mom when we were in Chicago visiting them. So you can imagine that I was really surprised when he proposed that morning. I never knew Dave was so good at lying, maybe I should be worried!
It is so special to have and love the ring his grandmother wore and that Dave's mom has also worn since his grandmother passed away. The ring is so beautiful and I am very honored to be wearing it! Dave also proposed with the ring box that his dad used to propose to his mom. It is a little blurry in the picture but it says Williams Jewelers Holland, Michigan with a windmill behind the text. Holland, Michigan is where Dave was born and raised.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you like the ring, it is very special, and I am so proud that you are now wearing it. (I didn't even know that about the box - very cool)