Friday, May 16, 2008

The Bos Family















Knowing that Dave and I wanted to get married it has been a whirl wind trying to meet all of the family and get to know everyone. We have had a great time traveling and seeing family and I have loved getting to know all of them, they are all very loving and accepting. Dave's brother Daniel, the best man, came to visit Dave in January and so the three of us spent time with my parents in Oakdale and headed up to Yosemite for the day, so beautiful. Dave and I headed to Florida next to visit his sister Carrie, her husband Joe and their son Andrew, we had a great visit and loved spending time on the beach. The final destination was to an action packed weekend in Chicago to meet his sister Elizabeth, her husband Bill and Dave's parents, Mike and Chris. Chris even brought pictures of Dave growing up which was a definite bonus to the trip! The first time Dave came to my parents house my mom whipped out my pictures growing up so now it was my turn... what a cute boy! His nephew Andrew looks just like him. Next we head to Dave's hometown Holland, Michigan in June where the whole family will be together and I am going to pick out a pair of wooden shoes for the wedding!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

CONGRATULATIONS DAVID AND JACKIE!! I loved reading your blog and hearing all about your engagement day. It made me cry. I'm so happy for you!

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy you will be joining our family! And thanks for coming to visit us in Chi-town!

Julie Meyers said...

Hey David! Did Jackie see the pictures of you growing up at the cottage? How exciting! I'm very happy for you both! Nels (my husband) and I just celebrated our 2nd anniversary on Monday. I can't believe our cottage days are that far behind us now...can you?but what great memories they are! I can see you're doing well, and Jackie seems like a wonderful girl! Congratulations!
Love, Julie Meyers (Ensing)